Wednesday, March 10, 2010

American Idol: Top 8 Bouys


Oh! The HORROR!!! But more of that in a bit. It was the fella’s turn this evening, and once again I am treating you to my opinion. You know, cuz it’s my blog! And I can do what I want to!! BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!

Same grading system as last night, and unto the future until I decide to change it up (have I mentioned it’s my blog and I can do what I want to? Yeah, it’s like that, people): song choice, performance, and gut-check emotional response (formerly ‘thumbability’, yadda, yadda, yadda).

Lee Dewyze, 23: Fireflies – Owl City. Song choice 10; performance 9, gut-check 1 … total score: 20. Still love that raspy voice! Very, very cool what Lee did with this (even with a few pitchy moments).

Alex Lambert, 19: Trouble – Ray LaMontagne. Song choice 10; performance 9, gut-check 1 … total score: 20. One of my favorite songs, and Alex’s spin was so earnest! So sweet! Nice job.

Tim Urban, 20: Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley version. Song choice 10; performance 9; gut-check 1 … total score: 20. I am so done with AI folk pulling this one out of the available song hat; it has been done to death. But I also know it’s a good performance when I have to force myself not to sing along … which happened tonight. Vast improvement over last week. Everyone knows this is a tough one to pull off, and Tim did so well!

Andrew Garcia, 24: Genie in a Bottle – Christina Aguilera. Song choice: who knows? Performance: your guess is as good as mine. Gut-check: aaarrrggh!! Total score: whatever.

If you’re getting an inkling that something strange happened here … you’re right on the nose! Turns out the local Fox station’s main antenna suffered a lightning strike the likes of which NO ONE HAS EVER IMAGINED POSSIBLE … else why wouldn’t they have prepared for just such an occasion with, oh, I don’t know, a GIANT CIRCUITBREAKER?!?

In any case, at almost the moment Andrew opened his mouth to sing … the Fox transmission crapped out. So, at last check they were in negotiations with someone who wields ALL THE POWER to see if/when they can broadcast the show so we poor Midwesterners can vote and stuff. Fingers crossed and all that stuff.

And I’ve set up the DVR to record Fox until tomorrow morning, on the off chance they actually do get to show the rest of the guys. Sigh. Well, ain’t that the suckage?

**edit: they lied, those horrible Fox people ... I recorded hours of telly and nary a smidge of AI chatter, let alone a re-broadcast of the show. Plus, they claimed we only missed the end ... really? How are 4.5 performances out of 8 "only the end" of the show. Morons.

1 comment:

Kansas Sity Sinic said...

Yep, that sucked--I was like...ummmm, what's this FOX logo all about?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin