I’m kind of laughing at myself because I’m all “Wow … two weeks in a row and AI has finally gotten some punch”. Then I realized it may be because Dad routed the television audio through the stereo. Der.
But I still think the Beatle’s and Elvis weeks have just plain rocked. If they keep this up, I just may care again:
Four performances were absolute top-notch …
- Crystal Bowersox, Saved … as if I could say anything at all, other than whoa!
- Lee Dewyze, A Little Less Conversation … just plain fun!
- Casey James, Lawdy Miss Claudie … whew! Pure excellence.
- Tim Urban, Can’t Help Falling in Love … two weeks in a row and Tim’s stepping it up with the song choices; put me in mind of Jeff Buckley’s Hallelujah, in an iconic sort of way.
- Katie Stevens, Baby, What Do You Want Me to Do … still dig that powerhouse voice! VOTED OFF
- Aaron Kelly, Blue Suede Shoes … really benefitted from Adam’s tutelage, and he is a cutie patootie, no?
- Andrew Garcia, Hound Dog … he is a throwback to an earlier entertainment era, isn’t he? Cool. VOTED OFF
- Siobhan Magnus, Suspicious Minds … good, but nowhere near her best, and not up to par with most of the rest of the crew this week; not a rendition of this song that I particularly cared for.
- Michael Lynch, In the Ghetto … read this in a sing-songy voice, “Manipulative!” So tired of this guy; there’s no denying he can sing (can he ever!), but there is something so very off-putting that I just can’t get behind him (at least not at this time).