Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekly Idol: Top 9 (Again) - Elvis


I’m kind of laughing at myself because I’m all “Wow … two weeks in a row and AI has finally gotten some punch”. Then I realized it may be because Dad routed the television audio through the stereo. Der.

But I still think the Beatle’s and Elvis weeks have just plain rocked. If they keep this up, I just may care again:

Four performances were absolute top-notch …
  • Crystal Bowersox, Saved … as if I could say anything at all, other than whoa!
  • Lee Dewyze, A Little Less Conversation … just plain fun!
  • Casey James, Lawdy Miss Claudie … whew! Pure excellence.
  • Tim Urban, Can’t Help Falling in Love … two weeks in a row and Tim’s stepping it up with the song choices; put me in mind of Jeff Buckley’s Hallelujah, in an iconic sort of way.
Three performances were very, very good …
  • Katie Stevens, Baby, What Do You Want Me to Do … still dig that powerhouse voice! VOTED OFF
  • Aaron Kelly, Blue Suede Shoes … really benefitted from Adam’s tutelage, and he is a cutie patootie, no?
  • Andrew Garcia, Hound Dog … he is a throwback to an earlier entertainment era, isn’t he? Cool. VOTED OFF
One performance was good …
  • Siobhan Magnus, Suspicious Minds … good, but nowhere near her best, and not up to par with most of the rest of the crew this week; not a rendition of this song that I particularly cared for.
One performance was … oh, why do I even bother?
  • Michael Lynch, In the Ghetto … read this in a sing-songy voice, “Manipulative!”  So tired of this guy; there’s no denying he can sing (can he ever!), but there is something so very off-putting that I just can’t get behind him (at least not at this time).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin