Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well That Sucked …

The day started out okay but ended up sucking worse than a thick shake through a thin straw. Right off the bat I slept too late, not because I snoozed through my alarm, but because I set it for PM instead of AM (idiot!).

Then I forgot to stop at the bank on my way into work (which didn’t really bother me all that much … I was gabbing with Mom on the phone). Easy fix; I’ll just stop tomorrow morning.

Then I thoroughly harassed a couple of the guys once I got to the plant … that was great fun … they just spent a few days in Orlando, FL as guests of one of our vendors at their big annual shindig. Losers! And I say that with utmost jealousy … I’d have skipped the seminars (except the one where Mike Rowe spoke … you know how I love Deadliest Catch) and ridden it out at Disney!

Then I talked to HR briefly for G, who was downsized Tuesday (have I mentioned this economy SUCKS?).

Then we were all called into a meeting only to be told one of our people was downsized today … I mean, he was there this morning and gone this afternoon. And he’s dedicated years to this place. The general consensus is shitfuckdamnpissandhell. So we’re all bummed.

I know the media says this “economic downturn” is going to really screw with all aspects of life as we know it, but I never truly expected to actually know people who were impacted. The last time it was this bad was in the 70's, for crying out loud! And Mom and Dad never let us kids know how bad it really was.

Anyway, while feeling horrible about my friends’ situations, I think what sucks most is that little voice in the back of my head that says, “knock wood …”

And I know this is nit-picking, but puhleeze tell me you see the humor in the fact that one of President Obama's first official actions, after advising all and sundry of his intent to make government less secretive and more transparent, was to re-take his oath, in secret (psst! over here!), in the Oval Office?

Yes, yes ... I know why he did it, it even makes sense; I'm just saying ... funny!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin