Monday, January 5, 2009

Homeward Bound ...

Those friggin’ Dolphins … aaaargh!! Why, oh why couldn’t they have fallen apart last week?!?? Now I have to go and begrudge their success this season, just like eons ago (before Dan Marino) in the days when the New England/Miami rivalry matched that of the Red Sox/Yankees (for diehard Patriots fans anyway). Sigh. And I was actually gearing up to cheer Pennington on.

Dadnappit, we were thisclose!!! Whew! Okay, got that out of my system ('til next year ...) ...

I (still) have the Cold That Ate Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh could have a cold. That lasted over ten days. And counting. And devoured two perfectly good holidays. Plus a vacation day. Dang cold (or, the way I currently sound while saying it, “dag code”). But I’ve discovered the joy of Robitussin Night Time Cough, Cold, & Flu, and only wish I could take it 24/7. Sleep, glorious sleep …

Got my tickets today for vacation … WOO HOO!!! See this picture of a bell bouy in Narragansett Bay? Hah hah, that's right, baby! So I fixed my widget to count it down, thus allowing the rest of you to share in my naner-naner-boo-boo ... um, I mean happiness ... not my smug I'm-on-vacation-and-you're-not attitude by any means. Best of all? I’ll be back home for the Superbowl!! To paraphrase Birbigs, “This is why it’s perfect! This is why it’s awesome! This is why, this is why, this is why it’s p'awsome!!!”

Oh yeah, and I've decided on a New Years Resolution: my (new) zero tolerance for zero tolerance policies. I'm done with them; from NFL “rulings” to picked-on kids kicked out of school for defending themselves when the PTB fail in their responsibilities, from third strike pot-heads on 30-year junkets to larcenous politicians and businessmen on 30-month Federally (read: you and me) subsidized field trips, from hidebound “moral” majorities hiding behind flawed personal interpretations to the media feasting on and helping to create the misfortunes of "celebrities" as a given right: I. Am. Done. But I'll elaborate later in the month.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin