Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekly Idol: Top 12 … er … 13 ... Baker’s Dozen!

Because I know you're hanging on the edge of your seat wanting to know, here's how la isla stands on AI's remaining contestants:

Daney Gokey (Hero) – WOO HOO!! Rock on! I love, love, love this guy! Every time he sings I get goosebumps. Killer.

Lil Rounds (Be Without You) – I don’t know this song, but what a treat! And Lil injected some fun with “call this show if you just can’t be without me”.

Matt Giraud (Who’s Loving You) wildcard pickawesome! Especially after his take on Coldplay’s “Viva la Vida”, which was awful (he tried to make it too upbeat). Matt’s got that bluesy kind of voice I just love.

Alexis Grace (Never Loved a Man) – where the hell did this voice come from? Wow! I did not expect that!

Adam Lambert (Satisfaction) – not my favorite interpretation of this song; it almost seemed like Adam was trying to make it more Southern Rock; but he has one helluva vocal range … I’d love to hear him take on Meatloaf.

Megan Joy Corkrey (Black Horse & a Cherry Tree) wildcard pick – I am blown away by her voice, and think she’s adorably awkward on stage (can’t dance, just jerks around a bit, flapping her arms). I liked her “Put Your Records On”, too (that one should have got her through!).

Scott McIntyre (Mandolyn Rain) – I don’t know what the big deal is when Scott’s not behind the piano; I think he’s terrific either way! Scott’s voice carries such emotion. It felt like he was telling a story with this performance … lovely, actually brought a tear to my eye.

Anoop Desai (My Prerogative) surprise wildcard pick – vocals started poorly but improved, and he really drew the audience in with his showmanship, making it a very fun experience. I really liked it.

Jorge Nunez (Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me) – I couldn’t give a pickled pigs foot about his accent … he’s got the chops to sing Elton John! And sing it well! Whew!

Jasmine Murray (Reflection) wildcard pick – another song I don’t know, but Jasmine sang it like a pro; she has such a pretty voice, and hits the high notes very well, but she’s a little breathy … she needs a little work with a voice coach, I think, because she had the same problem with “Love Song”.

Allison Iraheta (Alone) – I’m amazed she’s only 16! Allison has that Rock voice that kicks ass!

Kris Allen (Man in the Mirror) – it’s not my favorite song, pretty boring really, but this kid can carry a tune and did a great job with it, getting better as the song progressed.

Michael Sarver (I Don’t Wanna Be) – just okay. Based on his performances so far, Michael is lucky to be here, but how can you not love the big lug?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin