Let’s see, my big chores for la isla today have been to change from Christmas-themed to New Years-themed. Guess what was the most difficult? Coming up with party tunes for New Years Eve … there are soooo many from which to choose! It’s a WIP (that’s a work-in-progress, people) … Tubthumping is in because I love it; Pink and the Peas are just plain move it fun, and Lynyrd’s one of my all-time faves (along with Garth’s live version, which I have yet to find, and which will be replacing this version as soon as I do).
Who does that leave? Oh yeah! UB40 and Jimmy Buffet. Well duh, can’t have a party without them. The two new-to-me songs are by Rehab and Spirit of the West … jury’s still out, though. Rehab’s got a good rhythm, but I think a tad misogynistic for my tastes … and Spirit of the West makes me want to go out. To a pub. Right now.
I’ve also started working on my New Years resolutions, although I’ve come up with just the one, but it’s a doozy, so I’m okay with that … but that’s for another day. The only other thing I’ve done today is I made My Stolen Most Awesome Pasta Salad this afternoon, and no matter how many times I’ve washed my hands they still smell like red onion. Blecht! This is the recipe I stole from Brig … I’m posting it here, because you should give it a try (mmmm, yum, good stuff!):
- 2 boxes Barilla Multi-Colored Rotini Pasta
- 1 large bottle Wishbone Robusto Italian Dressing
- 1 bag croutons, plain or Italian-style
- (Add-In) Fresh broccoli florets (1 large head, cut into very small sections)
- (Add-In) Black medium olives, whole (1 can)
- (Add-In) 2 Cups cherry tomatoes, whole
- (Add-In) 1 large green pepper, chopped
- (Add-In) 4 large mushroom heads (sliced)
- (Add-In) ½ large red onion, chopped
- (Add-In) 6 sticks celery, sliced
- (Add-In) half a 1” pepperoni log (about 4-5 inches, sliced and quartered)
- (Add-In) 2 bags cubed Kraft cheese (Colby Jack and Cheddar)
- (Add-In) 2 Tablespoons McCormick’s “Salad Supremo” for zest
- Cook pasta al dente style … after cooking, drain water immediately and rinse with cold water until all pasta is cool (may take a few minutes).
- After cooling pasta, splash ¼ cup Robusto Italian dressing over it before incorporating the Add-Ins.
- Toss in the Add-Ins.
- Toss with remainder of the Italian dressing.
- Right before serving mix in McCormick’s Salad Supremo spices for zest.
- Top with croutons or serve separately.
For those of you who wonder: after eating this for supper, yes, I fully expect to have a raging case of heartburn tonight. Mmmmm, so worth it!