Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Games!! WINTER GAMES!!



Got off to a slow start with the Winter Olympics this time ‘round, but now I’ve totally got my inner winter sport fan on, and I’m loving it! Although I have noticed that I’ve moved from the “if I work really hard I bet I could be good enough to compete at the next Winter Olympics, in 4 years” mentality to more of a “my, those athletes sure are phenomenal ... kids”.

“Kids” … BWAH HAH HAH HAH! I am getting OLD!!! And yep, when I was a kid I seriously did think I could put in four years of effort and be right in the mix the next time around. But that’s half the fun of the Olympics, isn’t it?

I’ve completely fallen in love with the slightly-different-than-U.S.-speak accent of the Canadian commentators, too … with their enunciation of such words as ‘again’, ‘about’ and whatnot. So very cool.

And that Aksel Lund Svindal? How HOT is he?!?! OMFreakingGOODNESS!!! He. Is. Hawt! Yes, yes … he’s skiing for Norway, whatever … have you SEEN him? Oh, my.

Have to admit I have a soft spot for the boys in general: Bode Miller, Apolo Anton Ohno, Andy Weibrecht, Sean White, Shani Davis … even Evan Lysacek, who I’d never heard of, but what a sweetheart! And of course John Shuster, Jason Smith, John Benton, and Jeff Isaacson.

Although some of the gals are on my radar as well: Debbie McCormick, Nicole Joraanstad, Linsdey Vonn, and Hanna Teter, to name a few.

And some entire teams (well, two): hockey, hocky, hockey!!!!

And aren’t Meryl Davis and Charlie White just plain adorable? VERY! I smile every time I watch them.

Okay, I’ll stop. Just wanted the one’s of ten’s of you to know the main reason I’ve not been around (aside from that pesky computer-on-the-verge-of-plotzing issue). As Arnold once said, “I’ll be back!”

After the Games. Ish.

2 comments:

The Common Man said...

Maraynne says stop your old enough to be those kids mother.... hahahahahahahahahahahaahhahah

la isla d'lisa said...

PHBBT!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin